Sunday, June 19, 2016

MISSED TRAIN

==========================================================uddalakbanerjee(ubj)
hissing through the dark,
louder than a dog's bark,
like a lightning and a shark,
comes the village local clerk.

With luggage and cooleys swarming around,
from the steel wagon came a sudden sound.
Like an earthquake it came jerking around,
then came the shrill stopping sound.

Metals collided and friction heard,
the clerk came down with an older beard,
it was time for me to alight the train,
but alas i forgot the ticket with jane.

I searched my pockets in disgust,
the ticket however found nowhere,
I ran to the counter in an energy bust,
but alas!i was undone by the breach in trust

The station master fluttered the flag,
the iron giant came to its lively form,
all my dreams came to a shattering halt,
Slowly the giant went running out of sight.

I alone left clenched in dismay,
With no train i had nothing to forray,
i called jane to say of the day,
shocked she said,"what!u missed the train today!"

================================================================

No comments: