Saturday, June 18, 2016

Old College days

In my drunken dreams you still live and relive time and again ,
My heart is swollen and still it beats meaninglessly to live again,
Yes that day i sketched your face on the last page of my classmate notebook,
You laughed and smiled with your forever cute look.
I was no poet and with a FF in Art,
But your smiling face made me smart ,
In every practical I wanted your very next seat,
But then my friends(BCG) were very discreet ,
They read my phone messages which i often deleted to avoid a repeat.
Yes today i go to office everyday ,
Partying at night when Old monk begins to whisper and say,
I just wish to say the line you never wanted me to say,
In my drunken dreams you still live and relive time and again to my dismay.

===============Uddalak Banerjee 

No comments: